Abu Dhabi has always had a way of keeping the spotlight on itself. The glitzy Emirate is now home to the first ever Warner Bros World-theme park in the UAE. On the day of its launch, we found ourselves among thousands of tourists from the Middle East and around the world, time travelling to when we were children. By Pallavi Phukan
Yas Island Abu Dhabi, which already boasts two immersive theme parks—Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi—has now welcomed Warner Bros. Studios with what is, the brand’s first indoor theme park in the Middle East. The Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi is the place you’ll want to check out when travelling with your family—with kids as young as three to adults pushing 60, there is something for everyone.
6 Immersive Zones to Get Lost In
Discover six massive themed zones at Warner Bros. World. Meet your favourite DC Super Heroes such as Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman, and cartoon characters such as Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Scooby-Doo. This 1.65-million-square-feet park area has everything to fit your mood.
- For Hollywood buffs, The Warner Bros Plaza showcases the Golden Age of Hollywood. As soon as you enter the plaza, theatrical lighting transports you from broad daylight to the fantasy land of night time shows where you choose to watch one of the many movies available in the Warner Bros. film library.
- If you want to channel the Superman or Wonder Woman in you, head straight to Metropolis a.k.a The City of Tomorrow! This section of the park is set in a modern-skyscraper-city-meets-1930s-Streamline-Moderne design. As a result, the city evokes a sense of both well-worn and brand-new look — a place that’s always looking forward, but also in constant need of a helping hand. This place is home to Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, The Flash, and the Teen Titans.
- If you love cartoons and animation, head to Cartoon Junction, home to Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester, Tasmanian Devil (Taz), Pepe Le Pew, Elmer Fudd, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, Fred, Tom and Jerry, and Spike and Tyke.
- Batman fans: brace yourself. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has a Gotham City, featuring some of Batman’s most vindictive enemies including Joker, Scarecrow and Riddler.
- Dynamite Gulch is where you will encounter the famed duo Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner. If you are an adventure seeker, hop aboard the thrilling Fast and Furry-ous roller coaster like Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner.
- At Bedrock, meet your favourite cartoon family—the Flintstones! Take a cruise on The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure and have your personal Flintstones moment!
Bring on The Rides
If there’s one thing you can blindly associate a theme park with, it’s the exhausting range of rides. Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has 29 exhilarating rides and attractions spread across all six lands. Also, there are six shows and over 35 DC and Animation live characters. Some of the favourite picks include Green Lantern: Galactic Odyssey, Justice League: Warworld Attacks, Ani-Mayhem, Ricochet Racin’ with Taz, Jetson’s Cosmic Orbiter and The Flintstones Bedrock River Adventure.
Always a Food Fest
Where would you fancy eating at: the Bronto Burgers and Ribs like the Flintstones or the Hall of Doom in Gotham City with the ‘who’s who’ of the underworld? All six zones have themed restaurants and kiosks, among them, 20 distinctive dining experiences such as Bronto Burgers and Ribs, Mr. Freeze Ice Scream Truck, Huckleberry Hound Pies and Penelope Pitstop Cotton Candy and Ace O’ Clubs. Also, as you are dining, your favourite Warner Bros. and DC characters might just come to say hello!
A Shopper’s Paradise
Warner Bros. Abu Dhabi has 22 shopping experiences. Also, 65% of the merchandise available at the park’s shopping outlets is unique and exclusive to Warner Bros. World and can’t be found anywhere else in the world. We are sold already!