When stepping out of the cosy, and safe space of your home is not an option anymore, dreams of exploring the world brew up within you. Add in a drizzle of virtual travel and a splattering of gourmet food, and you’ve got what we call #TnlTasteOfTheWorld. Throughout the series, we’ll be getting in touch with chefs from around the world to recreate their signature dishes for you to try at home. After all, who said one needs to leave the house to embark on a culinary trail? Recipe by Chef Marcello Tully
View this post on Instagram
#TnlTasteOfTheWorld For this video of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, we have Michelin-starred Chef Marcello Tully (@marcello_tully) teaching us how to make Garlic and lemon marinated chicken with haggis – inspired by Scotland’s sunny weather. #TnlTasteOfTheWorld is a new video series wherein celebrity chefs and food bloggers from around the globe share signature dishes from their home kitchens that give you a ‘taste’ of your favourite destinations. Stay tuned as we take you on a culinary journey like no other! Courtesy: @atothepowerof4 and @imagefoundrystudios #isleofskye #scotland #kinloch_lodge #marcello_tully #TnlIndia #LetItPass #SomeGoodNews #coronabegone #ChickenDinner #ChickenRecipe #Scotland #ScottishFood
The only Brazilian-born chef to hold a Michelin star – and retain it for seven consecutive years – Chef Marcello Tully is a force to reckon with. Inspired by the street foods of South America, paired with a passion for French cooking, Chef Tully is all about hero-ing the ingredients in his dish. After having started his career at Chez Roux, the first UK restaurant to feature sous vide techniques, today, this Chef Director at Kinloch Lodge Hotel also brings Scottish flavours to the table, owing to his relocation to the isle of Skye.
For this episode of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, Chef Tully resurfaces this Scottish influence by teaching how to make a garlic and lemon marinated chicken with haggis.
- Chicken breasts
- Red onion
White wine vinegar
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
- Boil 150 grams with 170 millilitres of water.
- Add salt to this, and set aside.
For the chicken marinade
- Mix chopped coriander, cumin seeds, garlic, lemon juice, chilli oil, white wine vinegar, and sugar.
- Add a halved chicken without the skin and let it marinate for a few hours.
For the barbecue
- Set up a barbecue and let it heat for an hour or till the charcoal turns white.
For the barbecue
- Take a piece of haggis and place it on the barbecue.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts on the barbecue as well, glazing it with the marinade.
- Season the breasts with salt.
- Cut a slice of aubergine and add a little bit of the marinade on it. Place this on the barbecue as well.
- Cook the chicken, haggis, and aubergine evenly on both sides.
For the dressing
- In a bowl, add virgin olive oil, chilli flakes, and garlic.
- Dice the red onions and add it to the mix.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and mix.
- Add sugar, finely chopped coriander, chopped garlic, sliced red chillies and mix.
- Drizzle olive oil, chilli oil, and salt as per taste.
- Place the haggis on a plate, with couscous on the side.
- Place the charred aubergine and cooked chicken breast on top.
- Drizzle it with dressing and enjoy.