When stepping out of the cosy, and safe space of your home is not an option anymore, dreams of exploring the world brew up within you. Add in a drizzle of virtual travel and a splattering of gourmet food, and you’ve got what we call #TnlTasteOfTheWorld. Throughout the series, we’ll be getting in touch with chefs from around the world to recreate their signature dishes for you to try at home. After all, who said one needs to leave the house to embark on a culinary trail? Recipe by Chef Ivan Musoni
View this post on Instagram
#TnlTasteOfTheWorld For this video of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, we have Chef Ivan Musoni from Chef Ivan Musoni from Grand Hyatt Doha (@grandhyattdoha ) teaching us how to make Risotto – a classic Italian dish. #TnlTasteOfTheWorld is a new video series wherein celebrity chefs and food bloggers from around the globe share signature dishes from their home kitchens that give you a ‘taste’ of your favourite destinations. Stay tuned as we take you on a culinary journey like no other! #TnlIndia #LetItPass #SomeGoodNews #coronabegone #Recipe #FoodiesOfInstagram #Risotto #Italian #ItalianFood #FoodOfItaly #VegetarianFood #VegetarianRecipes
Grand Hyatt Doha’s executive chef Ivan Musoni is all about bringing global flavours to the table, and effortlessly so! The various dining options available in the hotel’s premises are proof of Chef Musoni’s incredible culinary repertoire. While Isaan serves authentic Thai cuisine, Majlis is a contemporary Middle-Eastern style restaurant. At Rocca, you can dig into flavours from his homeland — Italy.
Taking a page out of this Italian menu and falling back upon his heritage, for this episode of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, Chef Musoni teaches how to make a classic risotto.
- 100 grams rice
- 150 grams asparagus
- 40 grams quinoa
- 500 grams vegetable broth
- 50 grams butter
- 50 grams of parmesan cheese
- 2 grams saffron
- Black pepper to taste
- In a pot, add rice and quinoa. Mix well.
- Add hot vegetable stock to this, and mix well.
- Let it boil for five minutes.
- Add chopped asparagus (without the asparagus heads) and let boil until rice is cooked.
- Next, add the chopped asparagus head and mix.
- Take the pot off the stove, and mix the butter and grated parmesan cheese into the risotto till it becomes creamy.
- Garnish with saffron and freshly crushed black pepper.