When stepping out of the cosy, and safe space of your home is not an option anymore, dreams of exploring the world brew up within you. Add in a drizzle of virtual travel and a splattering of gourmet food, and you’ve got what we call #TnlTasteOfTheWorld. Throughout the series, we’ll be getting in touch with chefs from around the world to recreate their signature dishes for you to try at home. After all, who said one needs to leave the house to embark on a culinary trail? Recipe by Chef Anurudh Khanna
View this post on Instagram
#TnlTasteOfTheWorld For this video of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, we have Chef Anurudh Khanna (@anurudh.khanna ) from The Westin Gurgao (@westingurgaon ) and The Westin Sohna Resort & Spa (@westinsohna ) teaching us how to make Tabbouleh – a mix of Lebanese and Asian flavours. #TnlTasteOfTheWorld is a new video series wherein celebrity chefs and food bloggers from around the globe share signature dishes from their home kitchens that give you a ‘taste’ of your favourite destinations. Stay tuned as we take you on a culinary journey like no other! #TnlIndia #LetItPass #SomeGoodNews #coronabegone #Recipe #FoodiesOfInstagram #Tabbouleh #LebaneseFood #AsianFood #Food #Vegetarian #salads
Multi-property Executive Chef Anurudh Khanna loves Asian flavours and enjoys bringing it to the table at both, The Westin Gurgaon, and The Westin Sohna Resort & Spa. Coming with more than two-decades worth of experience, this illustrious chef brings innovation to his kitchens. Constantly on the strive to adapt to the ever-changing culinary landscapes, Chef Khanna enjoying celebrating flavours, particularly those of Asian origin.
For this episode of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, Chef Khanna brings an amalgamation of two flavours: Asian and Lebanese, and teaches you how to make a vegetarian variation of the Tabbouleh.
- Broken wheat (dalia)
- Red Onions
- Green Capsicum
- Green Peas
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Soya Sauce
- Green Chillies
- Soak the broken wheat in water for half an hour.
- Roughly chop broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, and green capsicum.
- Slice the red onions.
To pickle the vegetables
- In a wok, add water, vinegar, salt, and sugar.
- Once it starts to boil, add the carrots and cucumbers and cook.
- Next, add capsicum and red onions. Cook till it becomes tender.
- Next, add broccoli and toss together.
For the salad
- In a wok, steam the pre-soaked broken wheat in water.
- Strain the broken wheat and let it cool.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and mix.
For the dressing
- Add lime juice, honey, soya sauce, salt and blend well.
For the pesto
- Blend basil, coriander, parsley, green chillies, garlic, and walnuts till it forms a thick paste.
Assembling and Plating
- In a bowl, mix the broken wheat with the pickled vegetables.
- Next, add the pesto and mix it well.
- Chop basil and parsley and toss it well.
- Add the dressing and mix.
- Garnish with basil leaves.