Editor’s note: The global COVID-19 crisis has left each one of us deeply affected and we want to help. Burda Media India has organised a fundraising campaign to #FightBackWithTesting and donating RT-PCR test kits to the worst-affected areas in India, which will be secured from our testing partner Mylab Discovery Solutions. You can help these kits reach many more by donating for the cause or by adopting a kit. Click here to join the fight.
While we all #stayin due to COVID-19, reminiscing, and dreaming about our past and future travels are totally acceptable. Through #TNLRevisits we get your most loved travel bloggers to spill the bean about their favourite places, off-the-radar destinations, and countless other experiences that they have encountered through their journeys. Ganesh Vanare, better known as haramkhor on Instagram tells us about how he fell in love with Suryagarh in Jaisalmer. By Amitha Ameen
1. Tell us about your fondest trip of 2019?
My favourite trip of 2019 was my stay at Suryagarh in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
2. If you have to revisit the same place once travel bans are lifted, how differently would you explore the place this time around?
I really want to visit Suryagarh again. Simply because it is so beautiful and is a magnificent palace. During my last trip I was only able to explore about 50 per cent of it; so this time I will make sure to stay there a bit longer and explore more.
3. Do you remember meeting and interacting with the locals there?
Yes, I remember things like my interactions with the locals and drinking fresh water from the well. I really enjoyed being a tourist there and experiencing their local food.
4. Any particular local food that you would like to recommend?
The food there was so good. If you are a non-vegetarian you must try the laal maas (red meat) there. They cook it very differently and it is delicious.
5. Give our readers five reasons on why they should visit this place once the pandemic evaporates.
– The property is very beautiful and unlike anything, you might have ever seen before.
– The palace along with the hospitality is beyond expectation.
– The locals here are so welcoming, friendly, and supportive.
– To witness the golden desert dunes.
– So many fun adventure activities to indulge in.