To break away from lockdown fatigue, whipping up some excitement in your daily life is your safest bet. In times like these, donning a chef’s hat comes naturally. Whether you are a budding gastronomical guru or new to the kitchen, quick recipes paired with easy-to-follow steps are bound to bring joy. And our new series, #TnlTaste brings you just that, crafted straight from the countertops of your favourite food bloggers. Recipe by Swayampurna Mishra
View this post on Instagram
Travel to the Eastern Mediterranean half of the world with this quick, healthy, and super colourful Baba Ganoush, courtesy Swayampurna Mishra (@lapetitchef). #TnlTaste is a new series where we'll show you some quick and easy-to-make recipes to replicate at your homes. Stay tuned as we take you on more delicious food journeys! Video edited by Aditya Mehrotra (@aditya_mehrotra_) #TnlIndia #LetItPass #StepAhead #BabaGanoush #FoodBloggers #FoodLovers #QuickRecipes #HealthyEating #QuickCooking
A banker by profession, Swayampurna Mishra‘s true love lies in the art of whipping delectable dishes. Her love for food dates back to when she would accompany her mother while cooking. Now, this self-taught photographer and food stylist also has a book to her name, which takes the readers through her instinctive yet delicious recipes.
For this episode of #TnlTaste, Mishra takes us straight to the Mediterranean side of the world with her quick and colourful Baba Ganoush recipe.
#TnlTaste Quick Recipe
1 whole garlic
1 tablespoon Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Tahini
- Cumin powder
- Smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Wrap the garlic head in aluminium foil and roast it whole in an oven for 20 minutes.
- Chop the cucumbers, tomatoes and parsley and set aside in a bowl.
- Roast the eggplants directly on the gas stove till it chars on all sides.
- Once roasted, remove the outer skin of the eggplant.
- Next, remove the garlic peels and separate each clove.
- Add the roasted garlic, roasted eggplant, Greek yoghurt, tahini, salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin powder, za’atar, and lemon juice in a blender and blitz well.
- Transfer the baba ganoush to a bowl, and garnish with cucumber, tomatoes, pomegranate and parsley.
- Serve with olives, a Mediterranean salad and some crackers.