Currency exchange is so last decade. Adept travellers have switched to cards for safer transactions on journeys abroad.
Few skylines are as spectacular as Singapore’s. An array of non-stop flights from New Delhi and Mumbai have made the island nation a favourite destination among Indians over the last decade. Watch a fascinating show of light and sound take over the skies as Singapore plays host to one of the biggest New Year parties in the world. All roads lead to Marina Bay for the iconic fireworks show where thousands of revellers from around the world take part in Singapore’s largest countdown event. During mega festivities such as this, using plastic
money ensures safe transactions and prevents fraudulent foreign exchange. It also helps you track your expenses, which tend to spiral out of control on trips to foreign lands. Besides, leading global payments company Mastercard is offering lucrative deals on premium brands, hotel bookings, and car rentals to travellers with a taste for the fine life. Here are a few reasons you should consider carrying a card instead of a stash of local currency.
1. Accepted at over 40 million merchants across 200 countries, Mastercard has the widest
acceptance base among its peers, thus making it an ineluctable travel essential for the global jetsetter.
2. Go cashless and enjoy benefits of automatic currency conversion with card payments. When you use cash for purchases, you have to go through the hassle of converting large sums to the local currency before you arrive, and converting it back before you return
home. However, with card payments, the amount automatically gets converted to dollars on your bill, often at a much better rate of exchange. Make the most of your Mastercard while shopping at Changi International airport where participating outlets off er discounts
upto 20 per cent through the year.
3. Mastercard comes with a bagful of surprises, including more shopping options and great deals. Earn travel rewards, such as frequent flier miles, gift cards, and merchandise, to make your experience even more worthwhile. For instance, Mastercard users can enjoy 10 per cent off on VIP tours of Universal Studios Singapore™.
4. Mastercard users are entitled to Priceless Cities, a programme that provides access to
unforgettable experiences. Singapore visitors who would like to usher in the New Year in an intimate setting can check out an exclusive luxury yacht cruise, enjoy priority reservations at the Michelin-star restaurant Les Amis, or spend the special night under the stars with a glamping experience at Sentosa.
SAVE MORE WITH MASTERCARD
- Save up to 20 per cent at participating outlets at the Changi International Airport (applicable all year round).
- Enjoy 10 per cent savings on Universal Studios Singapore VIP tours.
- Shop more, save more with up to 15 per cent saving via Mastercard at participating speciality stores in Takashimaya Shopping Centre.