Jaipur Literary Festival is all set to be LIT this year. Hailed as one of the biggest literary festivals in the country, Jaipur Lit Fest is like Disneyland for book lovers. We have got you all the details you need to note about this feast of literature. By Shubhanjana Das
View this post on Instagram
Throwback 🔙 JLF diaries2k18 #jaipurliteraturefestival #zeejlf @jaipurlitfest @jaipurliteraturefestival_story #litfest #books #festivals #jlf #literature #literacy #booklover #jfstories #diggipalace #nawazuddinsiddiqui #mantoman #beerpalace #beautifuljaipur #poetry #jaipurdiaries #nawabokasheher #rangeelorajasthan #rajasthantourism #perfectclicks #jaipur #cityoflove #culture #instaphoto #thecanonfanboy #nustaharamkhor #incredible_shot #photography The countdown for Zee Jaipur literature festival 2019 began with much excitement!!! 24 -29 Jan 2019 #zeejlf2019 @sanjoykroy
This year, the fest is all set to kickstart from January 24 to 28.
- Diggi House, Shivaji Marg, C-Scheme, Ashok Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- The music stage has been shifted to The Clarks Amer.
Entry is free of cost as Jaipur Lit Fest promises free and fair entry of all. However, the delegate experience package, where you get to interact with the delegates from all over the world, attend delegate-only sessions, live music performances, private parties, grand lunches, and etc. that comes for Rs. 6,000 for a day, Rs. 11,000 for two days, Rs. 15,500 for three days, Rs. 19,500 for four, and Rs. 23,000 for five days.
Delegates To Lookout For This Year:
Jaipur Literary Festival has hosted stalwarts and living legends from all walks of life including authors, politicians, entertainers, businessmen, youth icons, and etc. Amitabh Bachchan, Late A.P.J Abdul Kalam, His Holiness The Dalai Lama, Orhan Pamuk, Girish Karnad and Margaret Atwood, are only a few of the names that have been associated with the lit fest in the past years. This year, on what will be the festival’s 13th year, will have Neil Gaiman, Yuval Harari, Anuradha Roy, Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni, Manish Koirala, as well as none other than Markus Zusak (the author of The Book Thief) as delegates in what is anticipated to be Jaipur Lit Fest’s strongest line-up ever. Mithali Raj and Sohaila Abdulali will also be present to voice their struggles faced as a woman in their respective fields, underlining the recent events, which have sent tremors across the world.
Things To Expect:
- Don’t forget to register (for free) at the official website of Jaipur Literary Festival for individuals or groups, which will give you access to delegate sessions, festival bookstore, food, and merchandise stalls.
- Vedic Walks organises heritage walks in collaboration with Jaipur Literary Festival at a 50% discount for the festival attendees. The walking tour starts at 4 PM every day and you will get to visit every location worth seeing in the Pink City.
- Make sure you book your accommodation well ahead of time to avoid last minute rush. Remember that thousands of people from across the country come down to Jaipur for this very festival.
- Weather forecasts predict a fall in the temperature at nights; so, it’s safe to carry warm clothing to layer up or down through the day.
How To Reach:
Jaipur is accessible by flights from all the major cities. There are regular buses and trains available from Delhi to Jaipur. Trains also ply from Mumbai and Kolkata to Jaipur.