Every year in Indio, California, a Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival makes a stir in the music, art, culture, and fashion industry that is hard to contain. People from all over the world unite to celebrate not only music and art but also the coming together of like-minded people in a single venue. By Shubhanjana Das
Coachella is a significant and consistent pop-culture hot-topic when it comes to music and fashion. Last year, Beyonce raged the stage in Coachella, being the first ever African-American to head the line-up in the festival. What waits this year at one of the world’s most anticipated music festivals?
The Coachella Festival this year is scheduled for 12-14th April and 19-21 April.
Polo Fields, Indio, California, USA
The one thing that every enthusiastic attendee looks forward to is the musical line-up of the festival. This year, Coachella announced its lead line-up with Childish Gambino, Ariana Grande, and Tame Impala. Besides, artists like Khalid, Zedd, Kid Cudi, Janelle Monae, and the 1975 will also be performing at festival.
Things to Remember:
* Coachella means music and fashion, but it also means desert with temperatures going above 100 degree. So, make sure you’re hydrated and not only wear sunblock but also carry it along.
* Ladies, ditch the heels for comfortable flats and sneakers. Running around the venue all day is not fun in heels!
* Coachella sees an unbelievable turnout. So, make sure you stick close to your friends and keep your belongings safe with you.
* If you’re not camping, try to stay as close to the fields as possible to avoid traffic.
* Keep necessary medication with you.
How to Reach:
The closest international airport is the Palm Springs International Airport, situated 21kms from Indio. From there, one can take buses or hire cars to reach the venue.