Barcelona’s magnificent architecture has given the city ample reason to be the worthy winner of the Royal Gold Medal in Architecture. Find out what has drawn architects from around the world to this city for the last few centuries. By Deepali Sharma
1. Catch a glimpse of La Pedrera-Casa Mila, a unique UNESCO World Heritage Site embodying the irregularities of nature.
2. Embrace the magnificence of Parc Güell in the unusual pathways of Gaudi.
3. Explore the Church of Colònia Güell made of Gaudi’s signature ceramics.
4. Without a look at this uniquely beautiful building of Casa Batlló, your visit to Barcelona is incomplete.
5. Explore the astonishing unfinished structure of the La Sagrada Familia whose construction began in 1882 and will take another eight years to finish. Do the math.
6. Casa Vicens is the amalgamation of Gaudi’s colorful artwork and Islamic architecture. It will blow your mind.
7. This modern sculpture-cum-building by Frank Gehry aka Frank Gehry’s Fish.
8. Some eclecticism in architecture at the National Art Museum of Barcelona.
We are in awe of these amazing designs.