Located in Germany’s Black Forest, Baden-Baden combines Mediterranean flair with cultural attractions. By Team T+L
1. Wellness: Baden-Baden is home to a variety of wellness hotels and spas with exquisite treatments. The modern Caracalla Spa, for instance, offers soothing relaxation in curative thermal water.
2. Nature: In this ‘green city’, you find numerous well-maintained parks and gardens to enjoy peaceful walks or romantic horse-carriage rides. Within the town and its car-free city centre, everything is reachable by foot.
3. Shopping: A number of exquisite boutiques offer high-class shopping opportunities to visitors on picturesque streets, the shopping boulevard, and in the neo-baroque old town.
4. Adventure: Surrounded by mountains, Baden-Baden is the ideal place to enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and paragliding.
5. Food: For gourmands, the town’s restaurants range from Michelin-star restaurants to cosy little taverns and cafes, offering both international and traditional Baden cuisine.
6. Culture: The Festival Hall Baden-Baden, Europe’s second largest opera and concert hall, hosts international opera, ballet, and concerts. Several museums and art galleries serve to fill your daytime hours.
7. Events: There is no boredom in Baden-Baden; look out for international horse races, vintage car meetings, food and music festivals, summer concerts, operas, and more.
8. Excursions: A trip to the castle in Heidelberg or Europa-Park, Germany’s biggest theme park, are just two of the many day trips you can take from Baden-Baden.
9. Medical Care: Whether it is preventative or rehabilitative medicine, or a medical check-up, the holistic well-being of the person is at the forefront of every treatment in Baden-Baden.
10. The Whole Package: The elegant spa- and culture town of Baden-Baden is packed with a variety of culinary, wellness, cultural, and shopping highlights in an unparalleled natural setting. It’s true what they say—”good things come in small packages.”
Related: 9 Fun Facts about Germany