Bacardi NH7 Weekender isn’t a new name for music festival enthusiasts in India. Loyal fans have already bought their tickets, and social media is already buzzing with excitement. However, this year the hype is heightened as India’s happiest music festival turns 10. Here is why you should join the party! By Bayar Jain
The stage is set, and the tickets are flying out at lightening-fast speeds. As India gears up for this year’s Bacardi NH7 Weekender, you can be assured that it’s going to get bigger and better. Why, you might ask? This year, the happiest music festival in India enters double digits! Ready to kickstart its tenth edition in Meghalaya and Pune on November 1 and November 29, respectively, you can be assured of a magical time. Here are 10 reasons why you should join in on this mega-party:
- Just because it’s an India-based event doesn’t mean it will feature only Indian artists. International sensations such as Opeth, Karnivool, and Kodaline will also be performing this year. To add to the fun, Nick Murphy aka Chet Faker – the man who solo travelled the world for four years recording vocal tracks in spaces that inspired him – will also enthral audiences.
2. Hip-hop fans in Pune are in for an extra dose of fun. This year, Grammy-nominated artist and producer J Cole’s record label Dreamville Showcase is bringing Cozz and Earthgang down to India for the first time. But that’s not all! Their line-up also includes performances by Indian American rapper Raja Kumari who has been captivating worldwide audiences with her fusion of eastern and western cultural sounds. Even a host of other budding hip hop artists from around the globe will perform.
3. Lovers and supporters of new, emerging talents can also have a great time here. The festival will give a platform to fresh artists across varied genres. All one has to do is wander between the varied stages set up here and discover a new favourite. After all, isn’t that what music festivals are all about?
4. This year, even flourishing local talents from the Seven Sisters of India will be on full display. Names like Khasi Bloodz, Imphal Talkies, Lo! Peninsula, Small Axe Sound and The Andrea Tariang Band are set to knock your socks off.
5. Music isn’t the only thing up for display at Bacardi NH7 Weekender. There’s also lots of yummy food and bazaars for shopoholics. For those who like a good laugh, a new stage has been up, which will feature a strong line of comedians. While here, get your funny bones tickled by the likes of Zakir Khan, Kenny Sebastian, Sumukhi Suresh, Neeti Palta and a lot more.
6. The tenth edition of the festival will also be bringing together the best talents in the country. Shillong based blue band Soulmate will be putting up a performance, while the pioneer of Indian fusion music Hariharan will be performing a special set called Soul India.
7. NH7 weekender will also be following a zero-waste initiative this year. While all waste will be segregated and recycled wherever possible, a cup reuse policy and free water stations will encourage concert goers to go green at every step.
8. Inclusivity is at the heart of NH7 Weekender. That’s why, the festival will make provisions for specially-abled individuals to enjoy the show with wheelchairs at the medical station and special viewing platforms.
9. Every pet-parent knows the pain of leaving your pooch behind. With this in mind, the festival follows a pet-friendly policy. So, go ahead and party with your pupper!
10. If you’re headed to the Meghalaya edition, picture yourself against the backdrop of The Festive Hills near Thadlaskein lake, listening to some soulful music, laughing and relaxing with your friends amidst the breath-taking mountains of Meghalaya. Get the full festival experience by staying at one of the campsites near the venue.
Sounds fun, doesn’t it? Then what are you waiting for? Get your tickets here before its too late.