Greater Noida will be spreading its wings soon as the government has given a go-ahead to the Jewar International Airport. This comes as good news for those making eager waits for the airline connectivity which is sure to boost tourism in this region! By Archana Sharma
Now, let’s discuss 10 amazing facts about the ambitious project:
- Jewar Airport in Greater Noida is the second airport coming up in the National Capital Region (NCR) after the Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGI) which is situated in New Delhi
- With a capacity to handle 30-50 million passengers per year, the Jewar International Airport will serve the needs of the NCR and will de-congest the IGI airport once it gets operational
- The total cost of the project ranges between Rs 15,000-20,000 crores
- The airport will be the biggest in India in terms of its area as it spreads on wide spread land stretching on 7500 acres.
- The work for Jewar International Airport will commence soon, that is, before 2019 and the new airport will be operational in next five-six years
- Those staying in Agra, Mathura, Bulandshahr and Meerut will benefit the most from this airport.
- Mathura, Vrindavan and Agra will see a boost in tourist numbers with the coming up of the Jewar International Airport.
- Maximum connectivity will be provided to the upcoming airport from nearby highways and expressways in the NCR.
- Around 3,000 hectares of land has already been notified by the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority for the most awaited world-class industrial airport.
- The first phase of project comprises construction on 4,000 acres,while allied services such as maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) and others will come up in next three phases.