There are certain places that evoke a halcyon sense of nostalgia. They are the places that stimulate romance, adventure, and longing even in the most jaded of us. Arriving, being in and leaving San Francisco is so much like that. It’s easy to see why this city is a wonderful destination for a honeymoon.
1. When approaching downtown San Francisco from the airport, the view of the city itself is exciting and beautiful. And the best way to enjoy the view is to pop the bubbly with your loved one and enjoy it as you cruise through the city in a chauffeur-driven stretch limousine.
2. Explore the nooks and crannies of San Francisco to discover its many hidden streets and walkways where unique boutiques, galleries, and restaurants will amaze you with their lovely offerings.
3. Right above where the Pacific meets the San Francisco Bay spans the Golden Gate Bridge and lovers always love taking a stroll down this famous crossing to enjoy the cool ocean breezes, blue skies and sunshine, or misty fog. Bike till the Fort Point for a sensational view of the bridge from sea level or find your way to the Golden Gate Park if you want to spend the afternoon in an oasis with quiet meadows and serene lakes.
4. And of course, the romance with food is always alive in San Francisco. From hearty comfort food to Michelin-starred fine dining, there are restaurants here to delight every palate. Traditional dim sum, a meal over live Italian opera, fresh Pacific seafood at Fisherman’s Wharf; and restaurants with panoramic views of the city are dining experiences that would make any romantic outing simply perfect.
5. But when you have a beautiful waterway to experience, why dine on land? Give the traditional dinner a miss and head out for an even more romantic dinner aboard a sparkling cruise. Charter companies provide a delectable dinner and a night of dancing to live music aboard beautiful yachts sailing past Sausalito, Fisherman’s Wharf, and under the illuminated Golden Gate and Bay Bridges.
6. A moment that every honeymooning couple wants to freeze with their loved one is a beautiful sunset and you get exactly that from Coit Tower’s 360° view, or the high-rise aerie of a hotel view lounge—the glowing sun in the west slips into the Pacific between the arches of the Golden Gate Bridge and what you get is spectacular nightfall that sparkles with evening lights from the city and stars above.
7. After a night at the ballet, opera, symphony, theatre, or dance club, linger in the night air for a while as you embark upon a moonlit cable car ride at midnight. The journey back to your hotel with the clanging bells will undoubtedly heighten the romantic mood of the evening.