Pet-friendly hotels are not just hotels that allow pets. There are also those that go the whole hog and offer as much luxury for pets as they do to their owners. Then there are some that provide bathing and grooming stations for pets and also directions to the nearest veterinarian. After all, who wouldn’t want a hotel with pet menus and puppy sitting? If you travel out of India you’re even likely to dog-friendly wineries, restaurants, stores, and museums. However, within India most luxury chains practice a no-pet policy. Yet we’ve found a few that are happy to accommodate pets.
- Vivanta by Taj not only allows upto two pets to stay in a room, but also offers a range of pet services and amenities. From basics like food bowls and pet blankets to pet walking services and information on pet salons, you and your pet will be well looked after.
- The Four Seasons Hotel Mumbai offers to accommodate a pet in the room as long as it weighs 7 kilograms or less. While pets are not allowed in any of the restaurants, in the health club or the pool, it is important they must be kept on a leash at all times within the hotel premises.
- The Tree of Life Resorts and Spa in Rajasthan is a chain of pet-friendly hotels in Rajasthan. Situated near Jaipur, Udaipur and in Dudhwa National Park, all three properties allow maximum two pets per room.
- Although a majority of the luxury hotel chains in India do not allow pets on their premises, there are plenty of smaller hotels and homestays that actually encourage pets. The White Peaks in Uttarakhand is one of them.
- Cavala Seaside Resort in Goa is another pet-friendly hotel where your four-legged companion will feel at home.
TIP: Pet fees are not always mentioned clearly. Some hotels charge per pet, per night. At times part of it is refundable at checkout. Or, you may be levied a cleaning fee at the end of your stay. Find out all the hidden costs before making your booking.